another sign of spring

another sign of spring

wise words for April

"The first of April is the day we remember what we are for the other 364 days of the year"... Mark Twain



Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Jack's 8th Birthday Party

I can't believe how quick they grow. I can remember being pregnant like it was yesterday. Now he's so big. I go through this every year on both my boys birthdays. I think every mother does.


Anyhow, the challenge this year a Pokemon Party since it's come back it has not lost it's popularity.  I did find it hard to buy party themed supplies locally so had to become creative again.  No on-line shopping allowed for me.  I was able to purchase Pokemon Masks, Pokemon stickers, Pokemon blowers and of course Pokemon cards.

Invitation went out at the beginning of last week. Designed them in a postcard theme:
the front of the invitation

the back of the invitation

I am going to decorate the house with all the fun pokemon colours red, yellow, white, black, royal blue and green should do.  I think I will make some stickers like the above chimchar card to decorate the tableware and even make smaller ones to use as confetti.  I think I will do the same for the loot bags plain colours and decorate with stickers.
Jack's favorite character is Chimchar (the little orange monkey above) so he'll have to be in there someway.   I think I may buy a Dairy Milk ice cream cake and decorate that as a pokeball and then make some pokemon cupcakes.  I find kids like cupcakes better and you always have less waste.
 
We found alot of great ideas from this website best of all no pics so you still can be creative.
I promise tons of pics after Saturday.